Benvenuto Ospite

Forum Entomologi Italiani

www.entomologiitaliani.net/forum

Oggi è 29/03/2024, 17:34

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]

Australoneda bielawskii Li, Slipinski & Pang, 2009 - Coccinellidae

12.XI.2019 - INDONESIA - EST - EE, Susi, Angii district, Arfak mountain, Manokwari, West Papua, PAPUA

nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 13 messaggi ]
Autore Messaggio
MessaggioInviato: 20/04/2020, 20:34 

Nome: Carlo Arrigo Casadio
A prima vista l'avevo scambiata per un Casside, poi ho scoperto che si tratta di un Coccinellidae.

Dimensioni 11 mm, alla lampada.

Australoneda 1.jpg

Australoneda 2.jpg

Australoneda 4.jpg

Oggi con le foto non ci siamo :sick:

"Solo un entomologo può capire il piacere da me provato nel cacciare per ore in qua e in là, sotto il sole cocente, tra i rami e i ramoscelli e la corteccia degli alberi caduti"
Alfred Russel Wallace

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 21/04/2020, 13:53 

Nome: Lorenzo Pancini
Sembra proprio la n.19...mannaggia il lavoro è a pagamento!

Revision of the Genus Australoneda (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae: Coccinellini)
Jiahui Li, Adam Slipinski, Hong Pang, 2009

f14_223.jpg

MessaggioInviato: 21/04/2020, 14:20 

Nome: Lech Borowiec
Australoneda bielawskii Li, Slipinski & Pang, 2009

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 21/04/2020, 16:47 

Lech Borowiec ha scritto:

Thank you Lech!

Ciao Lorenzo, a quella tavola c'ero arrivato (è così che ho scoperto trattarsi di una Australoneda), purtroppo però il lavoro non è di libera consultazione.

Ma direi che abbiamo risolto grazie a Lech...

"Solo un entomologo può capire il piacere da me provato nel cacciare per ore in qua e in là, sotto il sole cocente, tra i rami e i ramoscelli e la corteccia degli alberi caduti"
Alfred Russel Wallace

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 21/04/2020, 18:52 

Nome: Lorenzo Pancini
Carlo A. ha scritto:
Lech Borowiec ha scritto:

Thank you Lech!

Ciao Lorenzo, a quella tavola c'ero arrivato (è così che ho scoperto trattarsi di una Australoneda), purtroppo però il lavoro non è di libera consultazione.

Ma direi che abbiamo risolto grazie a Lech...

:ok: :hi:

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22/04/2020, 9:35 

Nome: Maurizio Gigli
Strano, nessuna protesta dell'Izzillo. Sarà la clausura, e sapere che forse dovrà restare a casa tutta l'estate, in quanto anziano, che lo hanno depresso.

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22/04/2020, 11:01 

Nome: Marco Uliana
Lech, is there any mimicry relationship with Cassidinae from the same area, or is this appearance reached by indipendent convergence?

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22/04/2020, 11:41 

Nome: Francesco Izzillo
Julodis ha scritto:
Strano, nessuna protesta dell'Izzillo. Sarà la clausura, e sapere che forse dovrà restare a casa tutta l'estate, in quanto anziano, che lo hanno depresso.

Non sono affatto depresso, ho solo deciso di lasciar perdere valutando che le "bestiacce" esotiche sul forum saranno comunque pochissime! :mrgreen:

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 22/04/2020, 17:25 

f.izzillo ha scritto:
Julodis ha scritto:

Non sono affatto depresso, ho solo deciso di lasciar perdere valutando che le "bestiacce" esotiche sul forum saranno comunque pochissime! :mrgreen:

Non ci contare :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alfred Russel Wallace

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 23/04/2020, 9:10 

According to social mimicry:

Social mimicry is common in tropical forests, but it is also abused. Australoneda and Cassidinae have separate ecological niches. This pair of taxa also does not meet the basic condition of social mimicry: a poisonous model and a non-toxic helper, because both groups belong to the beetles considered highly toxic and their main enemies (primarily parasitoids) are not visual. For me, it is rather an example of morphological convergence, as well as common phenomenon in rich ecosystems.

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 23/04/2020, 9:43 

Thanks Lech. My first thought was that this could be a possible example of evasive mimicry, so not based on palatabilty but on difficulty of predation. Relationship can be either Mullerian, both species "equally" difficult to catch, or Batesian in case one of the two, for example, can strongly adhere to leaf and is impossible to be detached or turned upside down.
Of course I thought to famous Hemisphaerota adherence properties, but I ignore if similar phenomena do occur in other cassidinae.

You are right that both groups are poisonous, and this message is normally delivered by colors.
Still the modification of body structure suggests some geometric/mechanical advantage. One can argue that large and flat margins of body can be efficient against small predators (parasitoids), but what about the angulate convexity of the dorsum, so different from normal Coccinellidae? Are its "anti-grasping" properties so different from the common dome-shaped dorsum? What is the significance of this shape, and of the shift from one to another?

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 23/04/2020, 10:33 

Marco, good but difficult questions. One species of Australoneda has "normal" elytral convexity, other have extremely high, angular convexity (like in many large cassids i.e. in the genus Aspidimorpha where flattened, normally convex and strongly angulate convex species occur in the same habitats. I don't have that practical adaptative approach to evolutionary models like yours. In my opinion, these similarities are the result of the channeling of limited genetic morphological systems available in DNA, and biology adaptation is secondary to morphological solutions. Many species of Neotropical Cassidinae use these explanate margins of pronotum and elytra in cycolaexy in social behavior, protecting young larvae under this "umbrella". In others, it may be an adhesive mechanism that hinders parasitoids access to the body, etc. In general, I think that many morphological solutions are not adaptive but arise randomly and as long as they do not reduce the adaptability of organisms, as long as they are tolerated by natural selection. I do not represent the current of strict adaptation among evolutionary biologists, there is a lot of evidence that evolution is not so adaptively adaptive as it was thought years ago.

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 23/04/2020, 18:46 

Hi Lech, I agree. Of course it should not be taken for granted that any trait of phenotype is adaptive. I spent my university years in an evo-devo lab, so I quite understand your approach.
Just, the similarity with Cassidinae appeared to me so strinking that my first idea (see my first question) was that of a mimicry relationships between coupled species (or colour forms).
So, we can probably say that the degree to which adaptation and developmental constraints contributes to that shape are completely speculative.

Thanks for this interesting exchange.

profilo
nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 13 messaggi ]

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]