6.VII.2010 - PORTOGALLO - EE, River Beça, 41.562569°/-7.819298

nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 5 messaggi ]
Autore Messaggio
MessaggioInviato: 12/08/2010, 14:53 

Nome: Cosmin-Ovidiu Manci
Hi,

this Anthaxia (millefolii ???) was collected in 6.july.2010 in a small clearing at the edge of River Beça (41.562569°/-7.819298°) (only one specimen found, together with a specimen of Coroebus elatus being the only buprestids found).

is possible to have a sure ID?

Grazie,
cosmln
Anthaxia_IMG_0565_C00292.JPG

just insects
Dragonflies of Romania

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 12/08/2010, 16:01 

Cosmin,
I can sure tell you that this is a species of the Anthaxia funerula species-group, but species of this group are impossible to identify on video, and even under a microscope, let me tell you that I may have a very hard time. Moreover this seems to be a female and truly, all I can afford to say is that it might be Anthaxia (Anthaxia) funerula Illiger, 1803 or Anthaxia (Anthaxia) spinolae Gory & Laporte, 1839. Sorry! :oops:

MessaggioInviato: 12/08/2010, 17:35 

Mr. Anthaxia ha scritto:
Cosmin,
I can sure tell you that this is a species of the Anthaxia funerula species-group, but species of this group are impossible to identify on video, and even under a microscope, let me tell you that I may have a very hard time. Moreover this seems to be a female and truly, all I can afford to say is that it might be Anthaxia (Anthaxia) funerula Illiger, 1803 or Anthaxia (Anthaxia) spinolae Gory & Laporte, 1839. Sorry! :oops:

Do you think that is possible to say more if you see the specimens? If yes will try to send this to you... but later in the year... also if you think that worth to take a look.

cosmln

just insects
Dragonflies of Romania

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 12/08/2010, 17:56 

Not for the moment, Cosmin! The Anthaxia funerula species-group is one of the most complicate one, and despite the revision Bily published some years ago, I still have troubles with it. I will probably have time for this in a couple of years, when I will finish with the Middle East fauna and the dozen of new species I still have left to describe. But please! do keep on collecting Anthaxia wherever you can and store them, even in the freeze if you don't have time to set them, because surprises are always around the corner! ;)

MessaggioInviato: 12/08/2010, 18:08 

Mr. Anthaxia ha scritto:
Not for the moment, Cosmin! The Anthaxia funerula species-group is one of the most complicate one, and despite the revision Bily published some years ago, I still have troubles with it. I will probably have time for this in a couple of years, when I will finish with the Middle East fauna and the dozen of new species I still have left to describe. But please! do keep on collecting Anthaxia wherever you can and store them, even in the freeze if you don't have time to set them, because surprises are always around the corner! ;)

will do... you will see... a lot of them to put name ;)
and this is stored... and maybe one day her day will come :)
Thanks,
cosmln

just insects
Dragonflies of Romania

profilo
nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 5 messaggi ]

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]