Benvenuto Ospite

Forum Entomologi Italiani

www.entomologiitaliani.net/forum

Oggi è 28/03/2024, 21:25

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]

Cortodera humeralis ssp. humeralis x ssp. aspromontana ?

18.V.2009 - GRECIA - EE, Peloponnese - Karies env.

nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 15 messaggi ]
Autore Messaggio
MessaggioInviato: 12/01/2012, 22:43 

Nome: Štěpán Hofmeister
Every specimens collected on the same place - beaten from oaks. Can both subspecies be on the same place? Which of them are ssp. aspromontana?

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 16:03 

Nome: Riccardo Poloni
I think aspromontana because of the locality :D :)

al di là dei tradimenti degli uomini
è magia, è magia, è magia...
Negrita, Rotolando verso sud

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 16:43 

Nome: Pierpaolo Rapuzzi
Hi Stepan,
I think that all your specimens are aspromontana. Each of them shows a more or less shining line on pronotum. I know that aspromontana is very close to humeralis but in my idea it is a good species.
Ciao
Pierpaolo

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 17:34 

Nome: Cosmin-Ovidiu Manci
Xylosteus ha scritto:
Hi Stepan,
I think that all your specimens are aspromontana. Each of them shows a more or less shining line on pronotum. I know that aspromontana is very close to humeralis but in my idea it is a good species.
Ciao
Pierpaolo

I think that the last specimens looks very different, I'm referring specially at pronotum :roll: :roll:

just insects
Dragonflies of Romania

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 17:55 

Pierpaolo is right, every specimen has shining line on pronotum. Sometimes it´s very narrow, sometimes it´s wider.
e.g. Radoslaw Plewa told me, that on this locality on Peloponnese every black specimen is ssp. humeralis and that both subspecies live here together.
So, now I´m a bit confused :? . Some of them are almost without hairs, some of them have a lot of pubescence on the pronotum. Colour of legs is totaly varying and head behind eyes is rounded and sometimes more angular...
Problem is, that I have not the original study by Müller (1948) about C. aspromontana.
(I think myself, that two ssp. on the same locality and on the same trees is nonsense, but if Cortodera aspromontana is really a good species, than I think it is possible)

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 18:39 

Hi Stepan,
has you know Cortodera is a very complex group. Quite any specimen is different from the others. Anyway I think that Cortodera aspromontana Muller, 1948 is a good species as well humeralis. In Turkey lives Cortodera humeralis orientalis Adlbauer, 1988 that in my opinion is a subspecies of aspromontana for several characters (Adlbauer when describerd his new animal compare it with specimens from central Europe and from Greece and wrote that the subspecies from Turkey is close with the "population" of humeralis from Greece, infact they are aspromontana). Finally my idea is:
Cortodera humeralis (Schaller, 1783) E: AU BE BH BU CR CT CZ FR GE GR HU IT MC MD NL PL RO SK SP SZ TR UK YU
Cortodera aspromontana aspromontana Muller, 1948 - Souther Italy and Morea
Cortodera aspromontana orientalis Adlbauer, 1988 - South Turkey

For this I think that it is possible that in Peloponnese live togheter humeralis and aspromontana.
Ciao
Pierpaolo

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 19:38 

Nome: Zdenko Lucbauer
Xylosteus ha scritto:
Hi Stepan,
Ciao
Pierpaolo

Pierpaolo, whats the difference between them then ? And what is Morea ?

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 19:53 

Nome: Cosmin-Ovidiu Manci
zdeno ha scritto:
Xylosteus ha scritto:
Hi Stepan,
Ciao
Pierpaolo

Morea - The Morea (Greek: Μωρέας or Μωριάς, French: Morée, Italian: Morea, Turkish: Mora) was the name of the Peloponnese peninsula in southern Greece during the Middle Ages and the early modern period. It also referred to a Byzantine province in the region, known as the Despotate of Morea (wikipedia)....

just insects
Dragonflies of Romania

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 20:04 

Cortodera orientalis Adlbauer (1988) is a good species now ;) (Palcolea errata 2011)

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 22:38 

zdeno ha scritto:
Xylosteus ha scritto:
Hi Stepan,
Ciao
Pierpaolo

According G. Sama (2002) populations of Cortodera humeralis slowly changes from its typical form in north regions to the form, which is common in south regions (South Italy, Greece) - shining line on pronotum, less pubescence:
"...there is thus an evident transition to C. aspromontana, which totally replaces C. humeralis in southern Italy and Peloponnese."
So it´s hard to say... I hoped that I find an original paper by Müller, but I failed. I wonder if there are published any differences in aedegus in that study. I should check it by myself :idea:

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 22:51 

Dear Stepan,
as I wrote you before the situation inside Cortodera is very complex. I know the opinion (2002) of Sama but now the idea is that I wrote you before. The original description of Cortodera aspromontana is following:

" Corpo nero, elitre giallo brune; antenne quasi interamente nerastre, solamente il secondo articolo rossiccio e così pure l'estremo apice dei prossimi articoli; zampe quasi completamente nere, eccetto la base dei femori che è gialla (meno di tutto nei femori anteriori). protorace con punteggiatura piuttosto forte e quà e là un pò diradata, di conseguenza anche la pubescenza poco fitta; la linea mediana levigata e distintamente infossata dinanza alla base. Elitre larghe alle spalle e distintamente ristrette verso l'apice, con un solco longitudinale che accompagna d'ambo i lati l'orlo suturale un pò rilevato; punteggiatura abbastanza forte, Lung. 10 mm.
.. Condivide con femorata la presenza di una linea levigata sul pronoto, però la punteggiatura delle elitre è evidentemente più grossolana, per lo meno quanto nella humeralis. La forma delle elitre, leggermente sinuate dietro le spalle e ristrette verso l'apice, nonchè la presenza di un solco accanto alla sutura, contraddistinguono sufficentemente l'aspromontana tanto dalla femorata che dalla humeralis."

I don't agree with the idea that C. orientalis is a good species. It is right that it isn't a subspecies of humeralis infact it is a subspecies of aspromontana. Who made that work doesn't know well C. aspromontana....
Ciao
Pierpaolo

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 13/01/2012, 22:57 

Nome: Zdenko Lucbauer
"...there is thus an evident transition to C. aspromontana,

How can 1 specie transfer into the other one :idea: So, whats the difference ?

Cosmin > :ok:

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 14/01/2012, 16:34 

Nome: Riccardo Poloni
Everyone has aswered the question about the valid status of Cortodera aspromotana but no one has aswered Cosmin. Pierpaolo, what do you think? :D :D

al di là dei tradimenti degli uomini
è magia, è magia, è magia...
Negrita, Rotolando verso sud

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 14/01/2012, 21:19 

My final opinion - on this locality are probably 2 species together - C. humeralis (south form, visualy near C. aspromontana; can has more pubescence on pronotum) and C. aspromontana (which is not considered as a good species for today, but before 2 years it was and what do we know, maybe will be in the future again; sparser pubescence on pronotum). Tomorow I´ll check genitalia of all the male specimens from Peloponnese.

profilo
MessaggioInviato: 17/01/2012, 21:44 

I tried to make a photo of paramera of some male specimens from Peloponnese (8, 9, 10 are black specimens). It looks like there are no big differences between these male genitalia. Only numbers 8 and 9 show a bit different shapes of paramera (especially number 8). Unfortunatelly I have not any male specimens from central Europe (only females) so I can´t say for sure If there are any apparent differences between these and typical C. humeralis male genitalia :roll: .
(aedeguses seem to be of the same form and shape, only number 8 has not the sharp sting at the top)

Cortodera-Pelop-Paramara.jpg

profilo
nuovo argomento
rispondi
Pagina 1 di 1 [ 15 messaggi ]

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora [ ora legale ]